What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting (medical name: 'Cryolipolysis') is the non-surgical, non-invasive method that uses an FDA approved device to freeze fat cells without damaging other tissue to permanently eliminate body fat, without the need for anesthesia and without any downtime.*
During your free, one-on-one consultation, our elite physicians will help you determine if CoolSculpting is the right option for you and if you are an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting.
How will I feel during the CoolSculpting Procedure?
Some people experience a small amount of temporary, short-lasting discomfort during the CoolSculpting procedure, but most read, relax, or watch television during the treatment.
With more than 450,000 CoolSculpting procedures performed worldwide—CoolSculpting is one of the most popular nonsurgical fat reduction treatments—and it is getting rave reviews from celebrities and media outlets.
Will I feel pain during and after CoolSculpting?
Although some patients report a slight discomfort or temporary pain during the procedure, there is typically no downtime required after treatments. Many patients return to work directly after treatment.
How long will the results of CoolSculpting last?
CoolSculpting offers long-term, permanent results.
CoolSculpting is an FDA-approved, safe, and effective way to remove fat. With a healthy lifestyle of moderate exercise and a health-promoting diet, CoolSculpting can be a permanent fat reduction procedure.
Why choose CoolSculpting?
There is no special diet to follow or supplements to take before or after your CoolSculpting treatment. Choose Coolsculpting because:
- Coolsculpting is FDA-approved
- There are no knives, anesthesia, or downtime.
- Most patients go to work directly after the procedure.
- Reduce fat in your most diet and exercise resistant areas.
- Results are natural and can be visible in just three weeks, with the most dramatic results in 1-3 months.
Can you spot-reduce body fat?
Clients frequently ask their Nutritionists and Personal Trainers questions about spot reducing a fat bulge.
- How do I get rid of belly fat?
- What can I do about the fat on the back of my arms?
- How do I burn off the fat around my pecs?
- What is the best exercise for burning off the fat around my hips, buttocks, and thighs?
While targeted exercise and a strict diet can assist the reduction of problem areas, most people agree that spot reduction this way is very difficult.
Because of this, many have tried and found great results with CoolSculpting's unique ability to reduce fat from targeted body locations.
If you have one or more problem areas with a persistent fat bulge, if you have tried diet and exercise, if you cannot seem to stick to a restrictive eating plan, and do not have hours a day to spend in the gym, then CoolSculpting may be right for you.
You may have more than one area you wish to treat, or you may feel you need multiple treatments in a specific area to achieve your body-shape goals.
You can discuss the right plan for your unique physique with our physician during your free consultation. Give us a call and let us help you create the treatment plan that's right for you.
What does CoolSculpting cost?
The cost of CoolSculpting depends on a number of different factors:
- The areas of your body that you are concerned about
- Your unique goals
- The number of treatments necessary to achieve your goals
During your free consultation, you will get a realistic idea of the cost for your treatment plan.
The CoolSculpting treatment cost is based on the expertise and qualifications of the practitioner performing the procedure, the time and effort to perform each treatments, and other costs associated with doing business in your geographic location.
Most health insurance plans do not cover CoolSculpting. However, when you call us, we can work with you to find available financing options.
As with any procedure, doing your homework is highly recommended. The next step in researching long-term fat reduction with CoolSculpting is to sit down with one of our experts for a free consultation.
You can ask questions, receive a customized presentation, and find out the best options and treatment plan for you.
During your CoolSculpting free consultation, be prepared to discuss:
- Your body image goals.
- Any medical conditions, drug and other allergies, and medical treatments you have had.
- Current list of medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use.
- Previous surgeries.
At your free CoolSculpting consultation your team will also evaluate your general health status and any preexisting health conditions or risk factors. Your team will take photos, talk about your goals, your treatment plan, potential outcomes and any risk factors.
It is perfectly natural to feel some anxiety with excitement while you anticipate your new look, or to feel nervousness about the treatment. Your CoolSculpting team is here to answer all your questions and address any concern you may have. Your comfort and satisfaction are our focus.
What are CoolSculpting Risks?
CoolSculpting is FDA-approved for safely and effectively reducing fat.
In the U.S., the CoolSculpting procedure is FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges in the submental area (below the chin), thigh, abdomen and flank, bra fat, back fat, underneath the buttocks—also known as “banana roll,” and the upper arm.
A reported common side effect of CoolSculpting is pain, stinging, or aching at the treatment site. These sensations typically begin soon after treatment until about two weeks after treatment. Most likely this is caused by the cold temperatures that the skin and tissue are exposed to during the treatments.
A study from 2015 reported the results of 554 crypolipolysis collective procedures performed over the course of a year. The findings were that post-treatment pain usually lasted 3-11 days and went away on its own.
Other side effects noted were:
- temporary redness
- skin sensitivity
These effects also subsided naturally over the course of a few weeks.
You should avoid CoolSculpting if you have any of the following conditions:
- cold agglutinin disease
- paroxysmal cold hemoglobulinuria
You may not be a candidate for CoolSculpting if the target treatment area has a significant scar or hernia.
If you have any doubts or questions, please bring them up during your free consultation with our elite physicians. They will ensure your treatments are safe and effective.
How should I prepare for CoolSculpting?
Before you stop or change your medication, please talk to your family doctor to make sure it’s okay. Your doctor may also suggest alternative medications that you can take during this time.
One week in advance you should:
- Stop taking any medications or supplements that thin your blood, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, St. Johns Wort and others. These all have blood thinning properties that can make you more susceptible to bruising.
- Don't do anything that might damage your skin in the target area. The CoolSculpting® treatment involves some massaging and suctioning of the area being treated. If your skin is cut or excessively bruised, you might need to postpone your treatment to prevent your wound from getting worse.
- Avoid tanning your skin in the target area. Tanning can make your skin more sensitive to treatment. To minimize discomfort, it’s best to protect your skin from the sun exposure before your treatment.
- Eat a healthy diet. Lots of salads and healthy food will give your body what it needs to heal easier and faster - and minimize pain and bruising.
- Stopping smoking. Smoking can impede the healing process, delaying your results.
What you should do on the day of your treatment:
- Make sure to wear loose clothing that’s comfortable including your underwear and bra. During the process a gel is applied to your skin, and can get on your underwear/clothing.
- Consider bringing a change of clothes which should also be loose and comfortable because you may be sensitive around the treatment area.
- Eat a light meal prior to your appointment to avoid getting hungry.
- Make sure to bring along a book, iPad or other item to keep you entertained during your session. The session can take several hours depending on the number of areas being treated.
- Be prepared to have photos taken of the targeted area(s) before your session. Photos before your treatment and again at your 3 month followup appointment so you can clearly see the results for yourself.
What to Expect During a CoolSculpting Procedure
How CoolSculpting works
CoolSculpting is also known as cryolipolysis (cryo-lipo-lysis). CoolSculpting or cryolipolysis uses an FDA-approved device and cold temperature to break down fat cells—which are especially susceptible to the effects of cold.
During a CoolSculpting session, fat cells freeze without injury to skin or other tissues. The injured fat cells die off and are naturally and gradually eliminated by the body over the next few weeks. During that time, the treated fat bulge will gradually decrease in size, with an average fat reduction of about 20%. Some patients will see results after only three weeks, with more dramatic results in 1-3 months.*
What happens during a CoolSculpting treatment?
At your free consultation, you will identify the areas of your body where you want to have fat reduced.
On the day of your treatment, the practitioner will place a cooling strip on the treatment area.
The fat will be drawn between the cooling panel on your skin and the FDA-approved cooling device.
After the treatment, your body will naturally eliminate the injure fat cells to permanently remove the fat from your body.
Immediately after the CoolSculpting treatment, many people return to work. Some patients experience minor bruising, tingling, numbness, or redness in the treated area, but these effects typically dissipate quickly.
What to expect during CoolSculpting recovery?
What are the side-effects of CoolSculpting?
The side effects of CoolSculpting include bruising, redness, tenderness to the touch, swelling, itching, tingling, cramping, and numbness. Most side effects have a short duration, but numbness can last for several weeks after the procedure. If you have concerns about the discomfort or the side effects relating to CoolSculpting, be sure to discuss your concerns during your free consultation.
When will I start to see results after CoolSculpting?
Some people see results in just three weeks after a CoolSculpting treatment. Your most dramatic results are usually visible in 1-2 months, but your body will continue to naturally flush out the injured fat cells for 4-6 months. CoolSculpting permanently eliminates fat cells. When you maintain your weight by following a moderately healthy diet and exercise plan—your results should be permanent.
Not sure which procedure is right for you?
Schedule for a free consultation to discuss options with a physician.